By a partial discharge analysis with the cable diagnostics systems PD60-2 or PDTD60-2 by b2hv, the dielectric condition of medium voltage cables can be evaluated.
As an expanded device PDTD60-2 comes with an integrated tan delta diagnostics system!
The cable diagnosis system PD60-2 consists of the following units:
- HVA60 AC hipot (optional)
- High voltage filter
- Coupling capacitor
- b2 Suite® software for diagnostics and reporting
- Set of cables and corona rings
The total weight for high voltage filter, coupling capacitor and calibrator is 41 kg. Thus the system is perfectly suitable for mobile use.
For partial discharge analysis a sinusoidal 0.1 Hz VLF voltage is employed, adjustable over a range of up to 62 kV peak.
Request for Quotation
Due to the following features the PD60-2 and PDTD60-2 are the most outstanding systems of their class:
Compact, lightweight and portable solutions From small, portable units for one-site use (e.g. off-shore) to built-in solutions for "test van" versions.
b2 Suite® software b2 Suite® provides a comprehensive “all-in-one” software solution for testing, diagnosis and management with a comprehensive database.
True modularity The b2 high voltage generators can be easily up-graded to a diagnostics system, keeping initial investment low.
Database Comprehensive b2 Suite® database enables easy analysis and evaluation of the PD measurement.
Reporting Reporting by a mouse click – simple or comprehensive.
of PD and TD The parallel testing and measurement of PD and TD saves a significant amount of time, and prevents preconditioning of the cable.
- Measurement of the intensity of partial discharges versus time
- Localization of faults by TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry)
- Display of faults in the partial discharges mapping
- Phase related depiction
- Easy to use and language selection
The analysis is documented in the form of a ready-to-use report, containing all relevant results:
- Calibration Pulse (in accordance with IEC 60270) and end detection
- Background noise of the measurement arrangement
- Partial discharges inception voltage (PDIV)
- Partial discharges level at 1.7 Vo
- Partial discharges extinction voltage (PDEV)
A SINGLE cable diagnostics system for various applications:
- Cables: XLPE, PE, PILC
- Rotating machines (IEEE 433)
The PD60-2 enables any test engineer to efficiently perform measurements without extensive training.