The HVA28 and HVA28TD are truly compact and portable VLF test sets which determine the condition of medium voltage cables. HVA28TD device includes integrated Tan Delta diagnostics capabilities, in comparison to HVA28 device, which can be with the TD diagnostics unit extended. They both perform VLF and DC testing, as well as sheath testing with sheath fault location mode.
- Performance: Outstanding features considering size and weight vs. output load.
- Duty cycle: Operating time of these gadgets is not thermally limited; they may operate continuously.
- Safety first: The test sets have two independent earthing devices (electronic and mechanical discharging) and an integrated 12 kV transient protection system (at 50 Hz) to protect both the operator and the device.
- Field use: A watertight and very rugged case with protection class of IP67 (with closed lid) makes no need for additional transport solutions.
- Connectivity: On site, no external PC is needed. All results can be later downloaded via USB or Bluetooth for further investigation and easy reporting via software tool.
- Service and maintenance: With no oil or arcing contacts the dry-type transformer makes these test sets almost maintenance-free.
- MWT: In addition, HVA28TD offers a Monitored Withstand Test, a combination of withstand testing and Tan Delta diagnostics in compliance with the guide IEEE 400.2-2013.
SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHTThe HVA series are the smallest and lightest VLF hipot test sets available. This makes them widely applicable for in-field use.
DRY SYSTEMHVA test sets are constructed with nonarcing contacts and no need to change the oil. This eliminates the routine servicing and makes the test sets almost maintenance-free.
UNLIMITED OPERATING TIMEHV generators are designed for continuous operation without any thermal limitations.
IP67A watertight and very rugged case with a protection class of IP67 makes additional transport boxes obsolete.
Request for Quotation
- Pure sinusoidal output voltage (load-independent)
- 12 kV transient protection (50 Hz)
- Dual Discharge Device (DDDTM), integrated electronic and mechanical discharge devices
- sheath fault pinpointing (in combination with sheath fault locator, not included)
- easily exchangeable HV test lead
- safe communication over Bluetooth
- large color display (4.3")
- Programmable test sequences with a tailor-made software tool
- Download reports from the device via USB flash drive
- Vacuum bottle test