In collaboration with LEPA-EPFL, we are pleased to offer the Soft Stylus Probe contact mode technique developed by Professor Hubert Girault and co-workers for constant distance SECM. The probe technology offers the following benefits:
- Constant distance SECM: SECM imaging without major topographic artefacts. Ideal for tilted, corrugated and rough samples.
- Soft contact with sample: with a contact force up to 1000 times less than hard probe technology, soft probes are ideal for studying biological samples in constant distance mode SECM.
- Low cost: no need for additional hardware and special feedback control electronics to control vertical position of the probe with respect to the sample.
- Faster measurements: no need to measure topography before SECM scans. Fast approach curve to find the sample surface.
- Flexible and stable Probes: no risk of damaging the probe or sample during positioning and scanning.
- Small Tip: – Substrate better distance is easily achieved greatly enhancing contrast imaging and improving image resolution.
- Easy Electrode Preparation: The tip of the electrodes can be cut after each use ensuring a clean surface. Replacement probes can be purchased.
Request for Quotation
- Constant-Distance operation in conjunction with a topographic measurement technique (e.g. OSP) or Constant Distance SECM with EPFL Soft Stylus Probe technology
- Soft contact with sample. Useful for soft materials such as biological samples.
- Lowest cost constant distance SECM method available on the market.