CMC 850 + Test Universe + IEDScout
CMC 850 Protection test set dedicated to IEC 61850The CMC 850 is a protection test set dedicated to IEC 61850. It focuses on the real-time communication methods of GOOSE and Sampled Values to interface with the devices under test. Like all other CMC test sets, the CMC 850 is controlled by OMICRON's proven Test Universe software. It also offers several embedded functions accessible through a Web interface by simply using a standard Web browser. The CMC 850 is small and lightweight because its focus on IEC 61850 applications means there is no need for conventional binary I/Os and amplifiers for the secondary signals.
Test Universe - PC software suite for advanced secondary testing
Test Universe is the most powerful and convenient software tool for parameter related testing of protection and measurement devices in power systems. It offers a wide range of comprehensive software options that are based on various packages in 16 languages.
The packages are tailored to specific operational requirements and contain a selection of Test Universe test modules. Each module is function-oriented and can operate either on a stand-alone basis or can be embedded in test plans for fully automated testing. Software for special applications completes the range.
Test Universe enables a variety of test approaches, from manual to fully automated and standardized tests, running on a PC or laptop. The OMICRON Control Center (OCC) allows the option to individually combine testing functions into an overall test plan.
With the related Protection Testing Library (PTL), OMICRON provides a collection of prepared test plans for a vast number of relay-specific testing applications and test objects.
It also comprises generic test modules to create and perform special tests not covered by the function related modules. Furthermore, each module includes the automatic reporting function for fully formatted test reports.
IEDScout - Versatile software tool for working with IEC 61850 devices
IEDScout is an ideal tool for protection and substation automation engineers working with IEC 61850 devices. It provides access to the IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices) and performs numerous useful functions when working with them. The software can simulate entire Ed. 2 and Ed. 1 IEDs and enables users to extensively test IEDs due to the advanced Control dialog. IEDScout allows the engineer to look inside the IED and at its communication. All data modeled and exchanged becomes visible and accessible. Additionally, IEDScout serves numerous useful tasks, which could otherwise only be performed with dedicated engineering tools or even a functioning master station. IEDScout shows an overview representing the typical workflow of commissioning, but also provides detailed information upon request.
Request for Quotation
CMC 850 - Key features
- Small and light weight because of its focus on IEC 61850 applications
- Ready to go software: OMICRON Control Center, IEC 61850 configuration modules, IEDScout, etc.
- Embedded functions accessible with standard Web browser
- Test Universe software operation
- 12 low level analog outputs, e.g. for stimulating devices with low level inputs
Test Universe - Key features
- Convenient PC controlled manual testing
- Testing with software modules optimized for specific test object functions
- Generic testing allowing the creation of tests for special requirements
- Combining all these elements in overall test plans
- Using predefined test templates provided by OMICRON
- Fully formatted test report (see Automatic Reporting)
IEDScout - Key features
- Support of IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed. 2, IEC 61400-25
- Works with IEC 61850 compatible IEDs from any vendor
- Investigates multiple IEDs simultaneously
- Showing the description texts as defined in the standard
- Activity Monitor – dragging any information to supervise reports, GOOSEs or the data object
- Investigates data traffic in-depth – even between other clients and servers
- Simulates IEDs